Mandatory Safety Training
A course on security measures associated with a high field MRI system is mandatory for all of UNF’s members (i.e. operators, researchers, students, post-docs and research assistants) as well as for all of IUGM’s employees that are likely to access the UNF. This course is given by the UNF operators, and covers:
- Basic principles of magnetic fields
- Security measures in the MRI room
- Siemens security video
- A visit to the UNF
- Individual safety screening form
The course will be offered on the following dates:
- Tuesday, January 24 2017 at 13h30, Room M-4804
- Tuesday, February 14 2017 at 13h30, Room M-4804
- Tuesday, March 14 2017 at 13h30, Room M-4804 **Cancelled**
- Tuesday, April 11 2017 at 13h30, Room M-4804
- Tuesday, May 16 2017 at 13h30, Room M-4804
- Tuesday, June 13 2017 at 13h30, Room M-4804
If you would like to attend this session, please reserve your place by contacting Mrs Francine Bélanger by email or phone. Send email Phone: (514) 340-2800 Ext. 4785
Safety rules regarding equipment allowed into the scanner room
- UNF management must be informed, at all times, of any equipment taken into the scanner room, whether ferromagnetic or not.
- Unless otherwise agreed, any equipment allowed into the scanner room must be mandatorily operated by trained UNF staff who could, under special circumstances, also supervise their installation.
- The number of people allowed in the scanner room shall not exceed two, not counting the study participant. If needed, that number could be increased with the express authorization of UNF management.
- Not following these safety rules could result in damages to UNF equipment. In that case, the researcher leading the study shall be held responsible of any repair costs.